Wifi and bluetooth connection issues

• Hello. I have Wifi and bluetooth connection issues on I-Pi SMARC RB5.

1. The received Wifi signal is so weak. RB5 is not able to connect to Wifi from a router. I can see the Wifi name in Visible Networks settings. But the detected signal is 0. In the mean time, other devices are able to connect to that Wifi from the router. I also used my iPhone as the hotspot and shared Wifi to RB5. I have to put my iPhone close to RB5 so that RB5 can connect to the Wifi. If the distance exceeds 50cm, the connection would be failed.

2. I can't find any devices in Bluetooth settings on RB5. In the meantime, I also tested Bluetooth with my iPhone. Two devices are detected on my iPhone. But these two devices are not detected on RB5.

Do we need external antennas or anything I need to do? Thanks!

• Hi Kevin, 

You are correct about the antenna's, for full gain those need to be connected.

As a dev. kit the antenna's are not included by default.

If you want to have reception that goes further then what you have now you need 2 extra antennas, equipped with MHL connectors

A quick search for "pcb antenna with mhl cable" will list you many options.

• Hello. Could you suggest a specific antenna? I can't find the exactly option of "pcb antenna with mhl cable". Also, how about bluetooth? Devices are not detected on RB5.