How can the iPi be safely powered off without processor or SD card damage?

• How can the iPi be safely powered off without processor or SD card damage?

• Hi Graham, there are several ways to do that.

One way would be to use supercaps on the main 5Vdc input and use a GPIO to detect a low voltage.

There are several solutions already online that were created for the RPI, only small adaptations would be needed to bring this to the I-Pi SMARC by using the same 40 pin-header

• @CHENGYU LEE 

Thank you for that circuit.

WE actually already have a rather elaborate circuit that caters for other contingencies too, such as intermittent power outages that leave the supercaps depleted, in which case we wait for them to charge before turning the Pi back on. I have attached a flowchart. I happen to have a processor on the board connecting the Pi to my target instrument, so this is easy

My question was: is there already some built-in protection in the IPi-SMARC making this unnecessary?

My scheme needs a signal from the Pi indicating it is running. Is this avaliable on the Ipi? When the RPi shuts down with power still supplied, the output pins retain their states. Is this the case with the Ipi or do they go Hi impedance? I need to know when the orderly shutdown has completed so I can safely cut power.

I appreciate your help. Graham