install AioT-Tools failed

• hello:

i follow the document:https://www.ipi.wiki/pages/1200-docs?page=AIoTToolInstallation.html#AIoTToolInstallation.html

but encounter the failed as below:

•     zhangk@zhangk-virtual-machine:~$ aiot-config 
          fastboot: OK 
          udev rules: OK (md5: a3b2767b42ee01d7c62bf394400528ae)
          Serial device write access: FAIL 
          You may experience some write permission error('open(/dev/ttyACM0): Permission denied')
          Consider adding your user to the 'dialout' Linux group (sudo adduser `whoami` dialout)

I also try exec with root privilege,also failed:

• zhangk@zhangk-virtual-machine:~$ sudo .local/bin/aiot-config 
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/home/zhangk/.local/bin/aiot-config", line 33, in <module>
          sys.exit(load_entry_point('aiot-tools', 'console_scripts', 'aiot-config')())
        File "/home/zhangk/.local/bin/aiot-config", line 22, in importlib_load_entry_point
          for entry_point in distribution(dist_name).entry_points
        File "/usr/lib/python3.10/importlib/metadata/__init__.py", line 969, in distribution
          return Distribution.from_name(distribution_name)
        File "/usr/lib/python3.10/importlib/metadata/__init__.py", line 548, in from_name
          raise PackageNotFoundError(name)
      importlib.metadata.PackageNotFoundError: No package metadata was found for aiot-tools

I make sure I follow the documentation exactly every step of the way,and the host is Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

• Dear @peter zhang,

Type the following commands in the terminal,

$ echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0e8d", ATTR{idProduct}=="201c", MODE="0660", $ GROUP="plugdev"' | sudo tee -a /etc/udev/rules.d/96-rity.rules
    $ echo -n 'SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0e8d", ATTR{idProduct}=="201c", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0e8d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0003", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0403", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess" SUBSYSTEM=="gpio", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess" ' | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/72-aiot.rules
    $ sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
    $ sudo udevadm trigger
    $ sudo usermod -a -G plugdev $USER

Now, reboot the device and try the below command to make sure the setup is done properly.

$ aiot-config

• hi @Kothandaraman Kannadasan 

i have try the cmd,but encounter the same error either

best regards;

• Hi @peter zhang, Sadly, we cannot duplicate what you did. You can, however, refer to the solution from here. It might be helpful to you.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/210177/serial-port-terminal-cannot-open-dev-ttys0-permission-denied