uuu tools never end

• Hi , 

I 'm trying to flash emmc with uuu  tool but this one never end .  

The process stays hang at 99% whatever the run script i try . 

uuu -b emmc LEC-IMX8MP-2G-IPi-SMARC-PLUS-UUU-TOOL_20220309 core-image-minimal-lec-imx8mp.wic
    uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.4.43-32-geb273fb

Wait for Known USB Device Appear...
    Success 0    Failure 0                                                                                                                                                        

1:1      1/ 1 [=================99%================> ] SDPS: boot -f LEC-IMX8MP-2G-IPi-SMARC-PLUS-UUU-TOOL_20220309  

• Hi O.,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply. Your problem has been noted. I will discuss with our team member about your issue. Please wait for our update.

Best Regards,

Rubio

• Hi O,

I think that the system is waiting for "known USB Device appear".  You could use "uuu -lsusb" command to know it conect to know device or not. It should be recognized "MX865" chip. And execute the UUU commands, which I listed below with item 7, to verify this USB device and flash the image to eMMC at the same time.

Please confirm those steps which I list below and it may help you solve the problem.

1. Change the boot settings is in recovery mode/serial download mode 0001 on your I-Pi SMARC IMX8M plus. Please refer to the screenshot.

I pi carrier

3. Your development host must be connected to your target board via a micro USB OTG cable and the board must be powered with a power cable.

4. Download the UUU tool and extract the files. Here is the link "imx-mfg-uuu-tool_20210311.zip". After extracting the files, copy them to /home directory.

5. To run the UUU tool, go to the downloaded directory and type the following commands on the linux terminal.

cd imx-mfg-uuu-tool_20210311/imx-mfg-uuu-tool/uuu/linux64/
    chmod +x uuu
    ls

(1)Change access permissions

6. Using a UUU command, you can verify the USB device.

uuu -lsusb

Plese refer to the screenshot and you should find the MX865 Device.

USB Device

7.  Flash the image to eMMC with uuu command.

sudo ./uuu -b emmc_img (file_path_of_boot_loader) (file_path_of_image_file)

Plese refer to the screenshot as an example.

Flash to eMMC

Best Regards,

Rubio

• Hi O,

If you still have a problem with uuu tool, please refer to the information below and give a try again. Thx!

Download from Github to get uuu tool (uuu_source-1.4.165) and copy whole extracting uuu-1.4.165 file from uuu_source-1.4.165.zip to imx-mfg-uuu-tool_20210311 folder.

Copy an uuu file from imx-mfg-uuu-tool_20210311/imx-mfg-uuu-tool/uuu/linux64/ to “/uuu-1.4.165/uuu”.

BR,

Rubio