Firmware upgrades AVA devkit vA1

• I have devkit version A1. I have been using the stock ubuntu OS for quite a while and have not had any issues for the type of work I've been doing. 

I received the eeprom chips some time ago. Yesterday I installed the eeproms and flashed the BMC and MMC firmware in that order, according to the docs. Everything appeared to go properly. for those components. At that point, I powered down and disconnected the BMC LAN. I then connected the LAN and connected to a serial monitor. I plugged in a usb keyboard and a usbstick with the EDKII/SCP firmware. 

I powered the mains back on and then held the power button for a few seconds. The fans and lights came up but the monitor did not display at all. So, it seems to not be recognizing the boot process.

I decided to fall back to the BMC and see if I could at least get back to that web UI. Now I can no longer access BMC either.

I do not have a DediProg or DB40 board. Perhaps I should never have started the EDKII/SCP attempt but afaict, it never even got to that process anyhow. So, somewhere between the MMC update and the reboot attempt, I seem to have bricked the system. 

I don't know how to best proceed from here. Please advise.

-- 

Mark

• Dear @Mark Abrams, We have sent an e-mail to you regarding your request. Please take look.

• @Kothandaraman Kannadasan I am unable to find an email regarding this topic. I can confirm my ipi account email address is correct. Can you please tell me what is the "subject" line of the email or the address of the sender. I have looked through all my inboxes including junk and quarrantine but still did not find anything that appears to be in response to my inquiry. 

• Dear @Mark Abrams, I apologize for the inconvenience. The mail had been sent to the wrong address. The mail has been forwarded to you just now. The subject of the mail is "FW: [I-Pi SMARC's Forum] New topic: Firmware upgrades AVA devkit vA1".