Access to SMPro telemetry from the BMC

• I've been working on porting OpenBMC to the ADLINK Ampere Altra Dev Kit, and from reading the Ampere Altra BMC Interface document it looks like I should be able to use the smpro-hwmon driver to read various CPU data including temperatures and voltages.

Looking at the ADLINK schematics though, the MMC is in the path between the BMC and HW monitor and I'd like to confirm if it's possible to access the SMPro from the BMC on ADLINK's platforms?

• Hi Rebecca, 

MMC on module connect to the SMPro through pre-defined I2C bus. leverage it from Ampere Altra's reference design. it is capable of reading information. 

for example, by using the command below, the CPU temperature can be read out 

"ipmitool -I lanplus -H 192.168.0.100 -U admin -P admin -b 0 -t 0x82 raw 0x30 0x31 0x9e 0x10"

0x82 is IPMB address based on COM-HPC Ampere Altra module

0x9e is Ampere CPU I2C address

0x10 is get CPU temp. register

• Hi Alex,

Is it possible to obtain the sources for the MMC firmware? We do own an Altra board and work on the Host and BMC firmware already as the schematics are available for the carrier (but not the module sadly) and have also been able to build custom versions for either (using AT-F and SCP binaries provided to us via NDA with Ampere) but not the MMC. As we're looking to extend the MMC from using IPMB to MCTP we would need more information here. Might you be able to help out here?

• @Marvin Drees I've asked for access to the MMC code in the past and was told it couldn't be provided.

Given that, I wonder if it might be possible to get enough information about the hardware and interfaces to be able to replace the firmware?